SOCIAL AWARENESS PROJECTS AT BOOM 2023
Facts & figures of our initiatives as a community
We are social beings. In a world marked by increasing division, our mission with the Radical Love theme was to explore and celebrate the power of unity, overcoming polarity.
Our era, defined by neo-tribalisation and often lacking nuance, calls for a renewed commitment to understanding and collaboration.
Boomers are a heterogeneous and diverse community. Global. With different backgrounds. Boom, as a psychedelic festival, stands not just for celebration but for the transformation and expansion of consciousness. It's a call to forge a unified identity, connecting deeply with ourselves, others, nature, and the cosmos. To the greater whole.
By sharing the outcomes of our efforts towards integration and awareness, we aim to foster a collective consciousness rooted in stewardship and care. Let this be a testament to what can be achieved when we come together, transcending barriers to nurture a world where everyone belongs.
WE ARE A GLOBAL COMMUNITY
- The Boom community is also part of the team that produces, builds and serves you at the festival. In 2023, we had 2,526 people working during all phases, and like every edition, we seek maximum cultural diversity in the team.
TEAM AND PROGRAM FACTS & FIGURES
- The Boom community is also part of the team that produces, builds and serves you at the festival. In 2023, we had 2526 people working during all phases, and like every edition, we seek maximum cultural diversity in the team.
- In terms of representation, gender parity is significant, yet still not 100%. However, during the construction phase, there was difficulty recruiting with gender balance for certain construction tasks.
- The representation of non-binary people is existing but residual in the total statistics of both team and program.
- Our inclusion policy covers local populations. We have specific campaigns to attract workers from the region to experience Boom. Below you can see a poster of the information sessions we hold in villages around Boomland.
- The outcome is positive and 14% of all workers are from the Castelo Branco district.
- We also try to support the local economy: a substantial part (18%) of the festival's suppliers are from the Boomland region.
BOOM TEAM AWARENESS INITIATIVES
We develop an Awareness Programme that aims to ensure the general well-being of the entire staff community. These are some of the measures:
- Coaching & emotional support, and also a team of psychologists on demand when required.
- Therapists (relaxation and therapeutic massages, ecstatic dance, sharing circles).
- Yoga, meditation and breathwork sessions.
- Sports tournaments for fun! (ping pong, volleyball and did you know our futsal team won the Fair Play cup in a regional competition?).
- Alignment, coherence and resonance onboarding training.
- Forest school for the worker’s children.
- A survey at the end of the festival.
- A Guest country is invited to Boom each edition. In 2023, 500 free tickets were made available for people from the following countries: Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Mozambique, São Tomé and Príncipe.
- We also develop a Friendly Price ticket for countries with weaker economies.
- We have posted a breakdown of the costs and profits of the products we serve to you in the bars. We will continue to expand the Transparency Boards in the future.
- Social Menu: It is mandatory for food vendors to have a social menu. We would like to thank all vendors for their commitment to this measure.
Rooted in the strength and support of our amazing community, we recognise the importance of transparency and trust. To ensure that our Boomers are fully informed about how their contributions are utilised, we have taken a unique step in the festival sector.
Our financial accounts are openly published online, embodying our commitment to transparency. This initiative is not just about accountability; it's about forging a deeper connection with our community, ensuring that every member understands and feels part of the impactful work we are doing together.
OTHER RELEVANT FACTS
- Cashless refunds - €11,825.09 donated to 4 independent organisations:
- With the Boom Karuna Project we donate a percentage of EBITDA to charity. This year the organisations were:
YOUNG GENERATION AT BOOM
With this Letter to the Boomers ends the sharing of facts and figures about Boom Festival 2023.
We will continue to develop more inclusion and awareness campaigns in the coming months. If you want to know more you can get in touch with us.
Boomland remains active. In 2024 we have the wonderful conscious festival, Being Gathering. A fusion of well-being, nature, arts and music that celebrates consciousness and spirituality. Be part of a wonderful week during the Summer Solstice 2024.
Thank you for being a Boomer.