Conscious action is the ultimate form of activism...
And to create positive social and environmental change, is to take the proverbial bull by the horns.
As our consciousness evolves, we have become increasingly aware of this interdependence that exists between humanity, the earth, nature and the universe.
So just as the power and beauty of the mandala represents our interdependence with the world around us, the ripples of our every thought, word and action can be felt and seen in the physical and (non physical) sense.
Thus, small steps by the conscious collective, are instrumental to positive change. In other words, we've got to be ninja in our approach to preserving the planet!
So here are some simple rules we can all follow at Boom, and beyond, in order to ensure we all live in synch with the planet....
- Use portable ashtrays
- Separate your rubbish and place it in adequate bins
- BYOB: Bring your own bottle
- No single-use plastic
- Don't leave your camping gear behind
- Travel light, minimise packing
- Take quick showers to #SaveTheDrop
- Use bio shampoo, soap and toothpaste
- Never piss or shit in the lake. Don't be an idiot
- Purchase only what you need
- Opt for good quality, made-to-last materials
- Know the origin
- Use public transport
- Be a Boomcyclist
- Share a ride with other Boomers
- If you come from far, plant trees to offset your carbon footprint
LEAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT
- Apply what you've learned in your daily life back at home
- Spread the messages of love for the planet and each other. Peace. Self-discovery
- Act now. Be the change
- Plant trees
- Grow your food
- If you see rubbish on the floor, pick it up
- Compost toilets: use them and use them well
- Respect all trees, plants and wildlife around you
- The lake is sacred. Water is scarse. Never pollute it
- Be kind to yourself and others
- Stay hydrated
- Get enough sleep
- Move your body
- Dance! And meditate
- Be open minded
FOOD & DRINKS
- Listen to your body and eat healthy
- Buy local and in season
- Less processed food
- Minimise animal products consumption
- Place cutlery and dishware in the organic bins