Online Tickets - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I buy a Boom Festival ticket?
Upon entering the Ticket Shop, select the item you wish to purchase and proceed to payment.
- Waiting in line
The platform runs like a ticket shop, and when you enter, you may have to wait in a virtual queue. This measure will prevent the shop from being overloaded. This means that the ticket shop works on a first come, first served basis.
- How do I purchase services such as a Boom Bus ticket or a Tipi at the Wanbli Tipi Camp?
You have the option to order your Boom Bus Ticket and reserve your Tipi when you buy your Boom Festival ticket. Alternatively, please use the code that we email you to book these services at a later date.
- When and how do I personalize my tickets?
Once you have completed your order, you will receive a confirmation email explaining how to personalise your ticket/s. The ticket personalisation must be done within a deadline which will be stipulated in the confirmation email. If the personalisation is not completed within the deadline, your tickets will be canceled, so make sure you do it in time.
No changes are allowed once tickets have been personalised!
If you have any questions, please send us an email.
- Can I change my email address?
Please send us proof of payment so we can make changes to your email address.
- What are the payment methods available?
The following methods of payment will be accepted: VISA, VISA Debit, VISA Electron, MBnet, Mastercard, American Express, Bancontact/Mr. Cash, iDeal, Sofortuberweising.
- My payment failed, what happened?
In case the payment didn’t go through, please try to place a new order as there is no payment received for the failed order.
- What if online ticket sell out by the time I make my reservation? Will there be another way of getting ticket/s to Boom?
Yes! Boom Ambassadors will also have Second phase tickets as well as Friendly Price tickets. The Ambassador list will be available during the last week of November. Please visit the Boom Ambassadors Ticket page to see the list. Ambassador sales will begin 19 December.
Please scroll down to Ambassadors’ FAQs for more information.
- I lost my ticket, can you resend it?
Yes, no problem! Please send us an email and we will re-send the ticket/s!
- Do I need to print my ticket or can you scan this from my phone?
Upon arrival at the gates of the Boom Festival 2018, please bring your ticket printed on paper or on your mobile (the phone can not be severely damaged and the clarity of your screens needs to be on 100%) together with your ID - they must match name and date of birth.
- What if I need to speak to you on the phone?
If you have any other questions and would like to speak with us on the telephone, you may call us on: +351308806919 from 8h to 16h (Portuguese time).
You can also connect with us at the Customer Service Website: https://customerservice.paylogic.com/hc/en-us
Ambassadors Tickets - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Boom Ambassador?
A Boom Festival Ambassador is an individual or organisation which represents Boom Festival across the world. They sell Boom Regular and Friendly price tickets, promote the festival and can give you all the information you may need about the festival.
- When will the Ambassador list be released?
The Ambassador list will be available on the last week of November and you will find it HERE.
- When will Ambassador Tickets be available?
Ambassador tickets will be available at your local Ambassador on 19 December 2017.
- Can i make ticket reservations through Ambassadors?
No. Reservations CANNOT be made via Boom Ambassadors. Tickets will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Can I buy tickets through other websites?
We strongly advise Boomers not to buy a ticket from auction websites including eBay, Olx or on the black market, as they will be invalid.
- What information will be provided with Ambassadors List?
Name, contact information, country and city, payment methods accepted and type of tickets available.
- What kind of Boom tickets are available through Ambassadors?
2nd Phase Regular Price Tickets, Friendly Price Tickets and Guest Country Tickets.
- How many Boom tickets can I purchase through an Ambassador?
Each Boomers can purchase up to five Boom Festival tickets. Please bear in mind that as every Boom ticket is personal and non-transferable, each person will have to bring his/her I.D to Boom Festival - the information on the I.D must match the information on the ticket.
- Can I register children under 13 years through Ambassadors?
- Can I purchase a Boom Bus Ticket through Ambassadors?
Yes. It is possible to buy Boom Bus Tickets through some Ambassadors. This information will be on the Ambassador list alongside their details.
- Is it possible to purchase a Tipi at the Wanbli Tipi Camp through Ambassadors?
No, this can only be done through online sales.
- What methods of payment are accepted by Boom Ambassadors?
This will depend on the Ambassador. This information will be available along with the Ambassador list.
- My Ambassador only accepts one kind of payment. What should I do?
Please contact your local Ambassador so you can work together on a solution.
- My country does not have an Ambassador. What should I do?
If you do not have a Boom Ambassador in your country, please contact the Ambassador in the country nearest to yours, and he or she will assist you.
- My country does not have a good political relationship with our neighbour country. What do you advise me to do?
At Boom we do believe in a borderless world in which you are free to think, act, create, respect one another. Boom is the celebration of the Earth’s multicoloured Oneness. EVERYONE is invited and EVERYONE is called to consciously co-create a positive reality of Love and Peace, for us and for the next generations. We Are One! We also believe that communication is key, so if you feel comfortable we advise you to contact your nearest ambassador.
- How much will the Ambassador tickets cost?
Regular ticket: 195€ (ticket) + 7€ (fee for ticket platform) = 202€
Friendly Tickets: 155€ (ticket) + 6€ (fee for ticket platform) = 161€
Boom Bus Lisbon: 65€ (ticket) + 3€ (fee for ticket platform) = 68€
Boom Bus Madrid: 90 € (ticket) + 4€ (fee for ticket platform) = 94€
Kids Registration (under 13 years): 1€ (fee for ticket platform)
- Why is there an extra fee for Ambassador tickets?
Ambassadors Boom Tickets are now subject to an extra fee. Due to the cyberattacks, we had to change to a new ticketing platform. This new platform charges us a fee per ticket sold.
- Ambassadors will have both Friendly and Regular price tickets, or just one of them?
Each Ambassador will have one kind of tickets available - either Regular price, either Friendly Price. This information will depend on the country of the Ambassador and will be published along with the Ambassador list, during the last week of November.
- What is a Friendly Price Ticket?
Friendly Price tickets are available to residents of countries which face harsher specific economic realities.
- How much does a Friendly Price ticket cost?
Friendly Price tickets have the same price as 1st Phase tickets plus an extra fee for the online ticket platform. That means 155€ (ticket) + 6€ (fee) = 161€
- Which countries/regions are eligible for Friend Price Tickets?
Middle East, Asia and the Pacific, excluding Australia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Oman, Qatar and United Arab Emirates;
Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America;
Central and Eastern Europe: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bielorussia, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia / FYROM, Montenegro, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- I was born in a country eligible for Friend Price tickets but I am currently living in a Regular price country. Can I acquire a Friendly Price ticket?
No. Only people currently living in a Friendly Price country can acquire Friendly Price tickets.
- What documents are required to purchase a Friendly Price ticket?
You will need to show you I.D and proof of national residency to your local Ambassador.
- What proof of residence can I show to my local Ambassador?
Any I.D with reference to your residence, a residency bill or invoice of the electricity/water/gas/internet bill.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Boom tickets limited?
Yes, they are.
We believe that Boom should have a limited capacity in order to maintain a sense of familiarity, space and a sense of community that is inevitably lost with large crowds. At the same time, Boomland and its natural resources are limited. We as Boom Team don’t believe in unregulated growth as a factor to define success.
- Children: Age Limits
Children under 13 years of age are granted free entrance into the festival. Yet, considering the very high temperatures, loud noise and high levels of dust, we recommend parents not to bring children under three years of age!
All children under the age of 13 traveling to Boom Festival with their parents will have to be registered online. The registration procedure will be identical as to the purchase of an adult ticket and will cost a total of of 1€. This means our security teams will easily locate and find those children who get lost from their parents. Child registrations / tickets will be available simultaneously with general tickets.
- Ticket Name Changes
Ticket Name Changes are not allowed. Please check the Terms & Conditions.
- Will there be tickets at the door?
If we are sold out prior to the event, there will be no tickets at the gates.